When mom is lucky to have sisters, their children are lucky enough to have aunts. Aunts not only help mom when they need a helping hand, but they become a kid’s best friend who will always take them down the right path but will sometimes be your accomplice more than a parent. This Mother’s Day, we should all take a minute to thank our cool aunties for always being there for our moms, our grandmothers and us. For letting us stay up late, eat candy and keeping our secrets. Here are some quotes to celebrate them:
1. “Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend.” – Author Unkown
2. “Aunts are to be a pattern and example to all aunts; to be a delight to boys (and girls) and comfort to their parents; and to show that at least one daughter in every generation ought to remain unmarried, and raise the profession of aunts to a fine art.” – Dave Isay
3. An aunt grows more treasured as time goes by.” – Author Unkown
4. “An aunt is a safe haven for a child. Someone who will keep your secrets and is always on your side.” – Sara Sheridan
5. “ An Aunt is a double blessing. You love like a parent and act like a friend.” – Author Unkown
6. “Aunt: A cherished friend and personal cheerleader who will always see you through rose-colored glasses.” – Author Unkown
7. “Great sisters get promoted to aunt.” – Author Unkown
8. “The best aunts aren’t substituted parents, they’re co-conspirators.” – Daryl Gregory
9. “All nieces are brilliant and beautiful… and obviously, take after their aunt.” – Author Unkown
10. “An aunt makes life a little sweeter.” – Author Unkown
11. “Aunts offer kids an opportunity to try out ideas that don’t chime with their parents and they also demonstrate that people can get on, love each other and live together without necessarily being carbon copies.” – Sara Sheridan
12. “A niece is a friend given by Nature.” – Author Unkown
13. An aunt is a safe haven for a child. Someone who will keep your secrets and is always on your side.
14. I am single and childless, but I have lots of friends and I am an aunt to three lovely children.
15. Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend.
16. Well, I do have some maiden aunts that are not quite like the aunts in the book, but I definitely do have a couple of them, and a couple of old aunties.
17. Maybe I’ll just be a good aunt.
18. Maybe! Maybe! Maybe if your aunt had a beard, she’d be your uncle.