1. “Trust is always earned, never given.
2. “You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don’t trust enough.
3. “Trust is something that is difficult to establish. It is very fragile that needs to be taken care of. Once trust breaks or shatters into pieces, it is very difficult to rebuild it.
4. “Trust is the easiest thing in the world to lose, and the hardest thing in the world to get back.
5. “Trust is only gained when one person risks and doesn’t get harmed. It grows as both people increasingly risk and don’t get harmed in the process.
6. “Trust is letting go of needing to know all the details before you open your heart.
7. “Building trust means thinking about trust in a positive way.
Robert C. Solomon
8. “Trust is involved in all the basic elements of a healthy relationship: namely, love (respect and consideration for another person), communication, commitment, and honesty.
9. “Respect people who trust you. It takes a lot for people to trust you, so treat their trust like precious porcelain.
10. “Trust yourself, you will start to trust others.
11. “Trust is like a vase.. once it’s broken, though you can fix it, the vase will never be the same again.
12. “In order to establish trust, it is first important that you be trustworthy. This means you should be forthright with all your dealings.