A parent’s love for their child is unconditional. This love never waivers, even as children reach adult age. Perhaps the toughest job on earth, raising a family comes with no shortage of challenges and obstacles. Always love them when they are alive.
1. Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.
2. What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.
3. Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.
4. Affirming words from moms and dads are like light switches. Speak a word of affirmation at the right moment in a child’s life and it’s like lighting up a whole roomful of possibilities.
5. The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment.
James E. Faust
6. We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.
Henry Ward Beecher
7. When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.
8. It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.
9. The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder.
10. My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.
11. Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
Charles R. Swindoll
12. By loving them for more than their abilities we show our children that they are much more than the sum of their accomplishments.
13. A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.