These being true to yourself quotes are inspiring reminders that self-acceptance is one of the cornerstones of happiness. If you want to make yourself happy, one of the single best ways to do it is to stop putting up a false front and be yourself.
1. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
2. Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
3. Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
4. Steve Jobs quotes on being yourself – Time is limited
5. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.
6. Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening.
7. The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
8. You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.
9. Eleanor Roosevelt quotes on being yourself – You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you
10. Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.
11. I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.
12. Be yourself, but always your better self.